Our client recently reached out to our interior design team for advice on how to transform her quaint, country cottage. She complained of having mismatched furniture and wanted a more cohesive solution. Challenge accepted! Here's the scoop on how to make quick and easy changes to make your cottage feel less like a dorm and more like home.
1. For a more relaxing atmosphere, add a neutral slipcover to a bright colored sofa.
3. Have fun with patterns but don’t go overboard or a dizzying effect may ensue. Neutrals allow you to throw bright pillows and flowers to accent your home all around for a clean feel.
4. Remove the clutter around doors and open them wide to create an illusion of a bigger and warmer space.
5. Add colorful patio furniture to complement all that nature has to offer. You’ll want to light some Spice Island candles, grab a nice bottle of wine, and take in the outdoor scenery for an enchanting nightcap!
6. Southern Belles love to accessorize. Showcase your kitchen finds with an two-door cottage cabinet, it's the perfect solution to adding stylish storage.
7. Don't forget to include a fun, colorful rug to instantly liven up a dining area. Choose bright accents and fresh flowers for finishing touches.
8. Pair distressed furniture with a handmade quilt for an authentic southern feel. The sleeping quarters for your cottage should be a comfortable oasis so layer on the pillows!
Having a design block? Let us help you create the Cottage B&B feel you've been longing for. Contact us today to set up an interior design solution that's perfect for you.